Summer Camp 2015
- Your Guide & Details!
Let the Y Host Your Next Meeting
Stroller Strong & Outdoor Boot Camp
Get a Massage at the Y
History of YMCA Anthony Bowen
ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES TO EXPLORE, LEARN & CREATE
Click here to register today for Summer Camp 2015!
Camping, like many Y programs, is about learning skills, developing character and making friends. But few environments are as special as camp, where kids become a community as they learn both how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group as they engage in physical, social and educational activities.
From traditional to specialty, here are the camp programs we are offering at our Y branch. Be sure to sign up early (before space runs out in your camper's favorite program!).
Our 2015 Day Camp Brochure
Now Offering Camp for Kids Ages 2-5! Click here for details.
Reserve Our Rooftop Conference Room
YMCA Anthony Bowen offers a 1,500 sq. ft. pristine conference room space for rental with an optional sky-view terrace for meetings, receptions, holiday parties, etc. The conference room features:
- A customized treated floor terrace (optional)
- Spectacular windows that overlook DC's historic Shaw community
- A kitchen which features a refrigerator, sink, counter space, cabinets, and microwave
- White boards (no need for flip charts!)
- Customizable tables perfect for trainings and team-building programs for up to 20 people
- Carpeted floors and lots of space for active programs
- Advanced audio visual system which includes a 54-inch wall television for presentations
- Regular 6” tables
Team building packages are also available - including culinary experiences
! We are also offering a limited time special to use the fitness area and pool with your rental.
small group training!
Small Group Personal Training provides the benefit of a personal trainer with the energy and inspiration of a group. All groups are designed for progressive results and fitness levels. Taught in a fun semi-private environment, these classes build confidence and power—enhancing work capacity in formats designed to burn fat and calories, build upper and lower body strength, and improve endurance.
Each 6-Week Program Includes:
Choose From One of These Great Groups:
- Pre-Assessment with goal setting
- 12, 1-hour training sessions (2 sessions a week)
- Post-Assessment to measure your success
- Teamwork, Intensity and Fun!
Two New Programs!
- Total Body Conditioning (High Intensity Interval Training)
- Personal Training for Yoga Practitioners
- Kinesis Strength Circuit Program
- 5K Training for Beginners
- TEAM 15 Outdoor Boot Camp: Get out of the gym and onto the next level of fitness with a series of high intensity workouts! Join this outdoor boot camp class filled with fun, strength and sweat.
- Stroller Strong: Bring your baby along for a one hour workout in this outdoor boot camp class.
Contact Chris Hill, our Associate Wellness Director, at 202-232-6936 or via email
to register or learn more!
TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY
We are thrilled to announce that we now offer massage services for rehabilitation and stress relief. A Touch of Health Therapeutic Massage
is eager to create a massage program that is tailored to your specific needs at YMCA Anthony Bowen! Therapeutic massage is the systematic manipulation of muscles, ligaments, and connective tissue. Massage seeks to restore balance and brings the body to a normal state of relaxation. A Touch of Health Therapeutic Massage services are also available at YMCA Reston and YMCA National Capital. To view the list of services or to make an appointment, go to www.ATouchofHealthMassage.com
Cooking Classes at the y!
What we eat can have the biggest effect on our stress, energy and overall health. We are thrilled to offer basic, themed and guest-hosted cooking classes
in our demo kitchen!
We are bringing you exciting nutrition classes to help you eat and live well! With free classes, six week to one day programs and even cooking for kids, we hope to give you all the tools you need to bring healthy cooking into your home.
The Legacy Continues...
We've been innovating for 160 years and we're just getting started. This redeveloped YMCA unites the right minds and resources for community interaction, education, healthy living, and our life-changing programs. The unique design celebrates the legacy of YMCA Anthony Bowen as historically the first African American Y, founded in 1853, along with its ability to adapt and serve our community’s evolving needs. It also pays tribute to its famed visitors (such as Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, Poet Langston Hughes and Dr. Charles Drew) and founder Anthony Bowen, a slave who purchased his freedom in 1830 and went on to become a prominent religious and community leader. Click here for a detailed history of this Y's service