Summer Camp 2015 - Your Guide & Details!
Youth Dance & Sports 5-Week Classes
Lose to Win Challenge
Cool Kids Club Now Open
Future Leaders Preschool Academy
Friday Night Kids Club
Birthday Parties at the Y
WE HAVE ADDED ADDITIONAL CAMPS!
Due to overwhelming demand for our Junior Lego Explorer and Sports Festival camps, we have added additional weeks of these camps. Please check our schedule online!
ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES TO EXPLORE, LEARN & CREATE
Click here to register today for Summer Camp 2015!
Camping, like many Y programs, is about learning skills, developing character and making friends. But few environments are as special as camp, where kids become a community as they learn both how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group as they engage in physical, social and educational activities.
From traditional to specialty, here are the camp programs we are offering at our Y branch. Be sure to sign up early (before space runs out in your camper's favorite program!).
Our 2015 Camp Brochure
So You Think You Can Dance
Does your child love to shake, wiggle and move on his/ her feet? Then let their inner dancer shine by enrolling them in one of our new 5-week dance classes
! Our mission is to educate youth through movement and develop in a positive environment that encourages freedom of expression, self-confidence, poise through performance and the love of dance. Programs include:
Learn more and enroll here!
Be a Team Player
- Lyrical Dance, ages 9-12 (starts Mon., July 27th at 4pm)
- Youth Ballet I, ages 5-7 (starts Tues., July 28th at 4pm)
- Mini Ballet, ages 2-4 (starts Wed., July 29th at 9:30am)
- Bitty Ballet, ages 1-3 (Parent/ Child program, starts Wed., July 29th at 10:30am)
- Youth Ballet II, ages 8-10 (starts Thurs., July 30th at 4pm)
Not sure if your child likes sports? Do you want them to be active during the summer? Have them try out one of our 5 week sports classes
at the Y! Here's what we're offering:
Our cool kids club is now open!
- Rookies Basketball, ages 4-7 (starts Wed., July 8th at 6pm)
- Winners Basketball, ages 8-10 (starts Wed., July 8th at 7pm)
- Rookies Soccer, ages 4-7 (starts Sat., July 11th at 8am)
- Winners Soccer, ages 8-10 (starts Sat., July 11th at 8am)
We are thrilled to share that we now offer free child care for kids ages 4-12 while parents work out! The Cool Kids Club is free for full-privilege members
and is open the following hours:
- Monday-Thursday - 9am-12pm & 4pm-8pm
- Saturday - 9am-2pm
We have an abundance of activities for the children to participate in: STEM activities, arts and crafts, interactive video games, card & board games and active play. In addition, in late 2014, our pool and wellness floor have undergone extensive renovations. The wellness floor features a new layout and new equipment
including Treadmills, Ellipticals and Adaptive Motion Trainers!
We hope these improvements help our Y grow with our community’s needs.
Future Leaders Academy of Alexandria
We are proud to introduce the Future Leaders Academy Preschool Program
to YMCA Alexandria! Have your little one explore the world around them in our full day preschool program. Through hands-on fun learning activities, the Academy aims to lay the foundation for the future so that children grow to be caring, respectful, honest and responsible lifelong learners. Register today, spots are filling up quickly! Email Paloma.Jimenez@ymcadc.org
for more information.
FRIDAY NIGHT KIDS Club
Free for full-members! Parents can enjoy a night on the town while your kids enjoy athletic group games, arts & crafts, a movie and swimming (optional). Dinner will be provided. Don't forget to bring swimwear!
Cost: $0 for Members; $25 for Program Participants; $35 for Non-Members
(Add $10 for second child)
Register online or at the Member Service Desk!
Make Their Birthday Wishes Come True
Looking to throw a party for your child’s upcoming birthday that all the kids and parents will be talking about? We have fun-filled themes and activities for you to choose from! We can also customize a party to fit your child’s favorite subject, character or pastime. Let our great staff throw a birthday your child will never forget! Email Alicia Jackson
, Youth Programs Coordinator, or give her a call at (703)-838-8085 to book today!
- 1 hour in the swimming pool & 30 minutes in the party room
- Use of inflatables and mats
- 1 hour in Studio II & 30 minutes in the party room
- Use of jump ropes, group games or sports equipment
- 1 hour of Cupcake Decorating & 30 minutes in the party room
- Cupcakes made by Alexandria Cupcake!
Field Day Party
- 1 hour Arts & Craft project of your chosen theme & 30 minutes in the party room
- Art supplies provided
- 1 hour of Field games OUTDOORS & 30 minutes at the picnic tables
- Activities and equipment included