Healthy Kids Day
- Sat., April 25
Parent's Morning Out
Summer Camp 2015 - Your Guide & Details!
New GroupEx Classes
- Kids Boot Camp & Silver Sneakers Yoga
Future Leaders Preschool Academy
Friday Night Kids Club
Birthday Parties at the Y
join us for HEALTHY KIDS DAY!
Saturday, April 25th from 10am-1pm
The Y is all about more. The more support, guidance and opportunities we give kids… the more they can achieve growing up. That’s why we celebrate Healthy Kids Day, our biggest day of the year devoted to helping families develop healthy habits! Over 1,300 Ys across the country are taking part in Healthy Kids Day, holding free community events that feature fun games, active play, community vendors, healthy snacks, educational opportunities and MORE. Join us!
- 10:30am-11am - Family Yoga
- 11am-11:30am - Family Boot Camp
- 12pm-12:30pm - Family Zumba
- 1p-1:30pm - Family Swim Time
Healthy Snacks & Screenings
- 10:30am & 11:30am - Super Hero 50 Yard Dash
- 11am-11:30am - Crawling Baby Race
- 11am & 12pm - Potato Sack Race
- 10am-11am - Healthy Smoothie Station
- 10am-1pm - Whole Foods Healthy Snack Station
- 10am-1pm - Dental Table, Blood Pressure Checks, Vein Ultrasounds & Safe Assured Child ID
- 10am-12pm - Rainbow Rock Band
- 10:30am-12:30pm - DASH Bus Static Display & Coloring Station
- 10:30am-12:30pm - Explore the Fire Truck/ Fire Safety with the Alexandria Fire Dept.
Parent's morning Out
- 10am-1pm - Super Hero Costume Contest, Amusement Train, Animal Welfare League, PHD Station, Face Painting, Super Hero Arts & Crafts, Create an Invention Station & Tiny Tots Sensory Station
- 11am-1pm - Active Arcade Station
- 11:30am-12pm - Youth Basketball Demos
- 12:30pm-1pm - Swim Assessments
Every other Wednesday, 9am-12pm
For kids ages 3-5 years old
You deserve a break! Enjoy a morning to yourself as our child care staff provide fun activities designed for your child. The cost is $12 per child ($20 for program members), which includes a snack! Activities may include free play, arts/ crafts, story time, and basic early learning skills (such as shapes, colors and counting and enhanced socialization). Our upcoming events:
- Wed., April 15
- Wed., April 29
- Wed., May 13
Register at the Member Service Desk today!
ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES TO EXPLORE, LEARN & CREATE
Click here to register today for Summer Camp 2015!
Camping, like many Y programs, is about learning skills, developing character and making friends. But few environments are as special as camp, where kids become a community as they learn both how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group as they engage in physical, social and educational activities.
From traditional to specialty, here are the camp programs we are offering at our Y branch. Be sure to sign up early (before space runs out in your camper's favorite program!).
Our 2015 Camp Brochure
new group exercise classes!
Kids Boot Camp
We are thrilled to offer a brand new class on our Group Exercise Schedule - just for our youngest members! Kids Boot Camp (Thursdays at 5:30pm & Saturdays at 10:25am
) will improve your child’s endurance, coordination and overall fitness level, while they have fun and meet new friends. Your child will develop self-esteem, confidence and a love for living a healthy lifestyle.
Silver Sneakers Yoga
Join us Wednesdays at 11:30am for a new Yoga class designed for members with limited mobility or flexibility. You will have the option to either do the poses sitting in a chair or holding onto a chair.
CHANGES at Y ALEXANDRIA!
We are thrilled to share that our pool and wellness floor have undergone extensive renovations. The wellness floor (re-opened Sept. 22) features a new layout and new equipment
including Treadmills, Ellipticals and Adaptive Motion Trainers!
We will also be introducing the Cool Kids Club
for kids ages 4-12 later this year. Construction began November 5th and is near complete. We plan to open the club in Spring 2015. Stay tuned for our Grand Opening Activities!
We hope these improvements help our Y grow with our community’s needs.
Future Leaders Academy of Alexandria
We are proud to introduce the Future Leaders Academy Preschool Program
to YMCA Alexandria! Have your little one explore the world around them in our full day preschool program. Through hands-on fun learning activities, the Academy aims to lay the foundation for the future so that children grow to be caring, respectful, honest and responsible lifelong learners. Register today, spots are filling up quickly! Email Paloma.Jimenez@ymcadc.org
for more information.
FRIDAY NIGHT KIDS Club
Free for members! Parents can enjoy a night on the town while your kids enjoy athletic group games, arts & crafts, a movie and swimming (optional). Dinner will be provided. Don't forget to bring swimwear!
Cost: $0 for Members; $25 for Program Participants; $30 for Non-Members
(Add $10 for second child)
Register online or at the Member Service Desk!
Make Their Birthday Wishes Come True
Looking to throw a party for your child’s upcoming birthday that all the kids and parents will be talking about? We have fun-filled themes and activities for you to choose from! We can also customize a party to fit your child’s favorite subject, character or pastime. Let our great staff throw a birthday your child will never forget! Email Alicia Jackson
, Youth Programs Coordinator, or give her a call at (703)-838-8085 to book today!
- 1 hour in the swimming pool & 30 minutes in the party room
- Use of inflatables and mats
- 1 hour in Studio II & 30 minutes in the party room
- Use of jump ropes, group games or sports equipment
- 1 hour of Cupcake Decorating & 30 minutes in the party room
- Cupcakes made by Alexandria Cupcake!
Field Day Party
- 1 hour Arts & Craft project of your chosen theme & 30 minutes in the party room
- Art supplies provided
- 1 hour of Field games OUTDOORS & 30 minutes at the picnic tables
- Activities and equipment included