Winter Break Camp
Summer Camp 2017
Youth Basketball League
Before and After School Programs
Birthdays at the Y
Volunteer with Y Ayrlawn
EXPANDING OUR REACH!
The YMCA Ayrlawn Program Center will be expanding our Child Care program in July of 2017. We are excited to announce that we will be introducing an infant and toddler full day option into our program. If you are interested in more information please contact email@example.com.
The YMCA Ayrlawn Program Center is in search of a dynamic Before and After School Teacher. If you or anyone you know is interested, please email your resume to Ayrlawnemail@ymcadc.org.
WELCOME TO Summer DAY camp 2017
Registering is easy!
Register your child using any of the methods below:
- Via our website at Easy to Enroll
- Email your registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax your registration to 301-530-6493
- Mail your registration to YMCA Ayrlawn Program Center, ATTN: Day Camp, 5650 Oakmont Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20817
- In person at the YMCA Ayrlawn Program Center or YMCA BCC
Whether you register online or in person, your registration is not complete until we have received the hard copies of your registration forms
, which can be found here
. In addition, please complete the following forms as needed for your child:
Even if you register and pay via Easy to Enroll, please provide us with your registration forms through any of the other methods listed above.
American Camp Association Accreditation!
We, at the YMCA Ayrlawn Program Center, are delighted to announce the recent notification that our camp has earned ACA-Accredited® Camp status
! This is verification from the American Camp Association® that our camp, during a visit on Tuesday, July 26, 2016, complied with up to 300 industry-established health and safety standards, which are recognized by courts of law and government regulators as the standards of the camp industry. We are very proud of our accomplishments as a camp, and we hope you can see the benefits of our hard work to become ACA-accredited!
DRIBBLE, PASS, ShOOT, SCORE!
For ages 4-12, this developmental basketball league builds an understanding of fundamentals, good sportsmanship, social skills and core values. Your child can join with their friends or meet new friends by joining an existing team!
All practices/games are held at the National Center for Children and Families (6301 Greentree Road, Bethesda). Weeknight practice time to be announced in December. Saturday game times are as follows:
- Ages 4-5 preschool only -- Minis Division 9:30-10:15am
- Ages 5-6 kinder & 1st -- Rookies Division 10:30-11:30am
- Ages 7-9 2nd-4th -- Winners Division 11:45am-12:45pm
- Ages 10-13 5th & 6th -- Champions Division 1:00-2:00pm
kids just want to have fun
Our sports leagues are volunteer-based, so we ask that families consider helping out with coaching, refereeing, or being a team parent. must be completed and turned in at either YMCA Ayrlawn/BCC or emailed to Kevin Shober
And parents want their kids to learn and grow! The Y's After School Program offers activities and opportunities for your child to explore, create and thrive! Our afternoons consist of a blend of student and teacher-led activities including physical activity and group games, academic enrichment and character development discussions and daily or ongoing STEAM projects.
YMCA Ayrlawn Program Center offers after school programs for the following schools:
- Ashburton Elementary School (MCPS bus transports students from/to YMCA Ayrlawn)
- Bethesda Elementary School (YMCA bus transports students to YMCA Ayrlawn)
- Bradley Hills Elementary School (Contact for more information; transportation TBD)
- German School Washington (German School bus transports students to YMCA Ayrlawn)
- Luxmanor Elementary School (YMCA bus transports students from/to YMCA Ayrlawn)
- Lycee Rochambeau International School (Rochambeau bus transports kindergarten students to YMCA Ayrlawn)
- Wyngate Elementary School (MCPS bus transports students from/to YMCA Ayrlawn)
To schedule a tour, receive more information or to register your child for our before and/or after school programs, please email Ayr.SACC@ymcadc.org
Please be sure to complete the required health forms too:
cOME celebrate with us!
Have a birthday coming up soon in your family? Let us take care of everything for you! from set up to clean up, let the YMCA plan your party for you. Check out what we can do to help your child's special day be even more special for you. For more information, please contact Keisha Thompson. Dates are booking up quickly, come in and schedule your party soon.
check out these youth programs
Friday Night Kids Club
: Bring in the weekend with an adventure for your kid (and a break for you!). The fun begins at 6:30 pm and ends at 10:00 pm; dinner is included and each night has a special theme.
Winter 2017 Dates & Themes
- January 13 - MLK Service Projects
- January 27 - Snow Day
- February 10 - Valentine's Day
- February 24 - Presidents' Day
- Princesses: We offer fathers the chance to bond with their daughters on many levels to build a loving and trusting relationship that will last a lifetime. The Adventure Princess program is a unique learning experience for both father and daughter.
- Guides: YMCA Adventure Guides is a program designed to strengthen the relationship between a fathers and sons. Adventure Guides provides an opportunity for parents and adult role models to work with children as guides, teachers and heroes and provides challenges and opportunities, celebrate accomplishments and face fears with children.
For more information, visit here
lend a helping hand
Volunteers are the backbone of the YMCA, and we value the help they provide to our branches on a daily basis. Whether you're 13 or 85, we'd love to have you! Click here
to check out our current volunteer needs!