Summer Camp 2015 - Your Guide & Details
Grocery Store Tours
Outdoor Boot Camp & Race Prep
Explore Martial Arts
School Day Out Camps
Before & After School Care
ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES TO EXPLORE, LEARN & CREATE
Click here to register today for Summer Camp 2015!
Camping, like many Y programs, is about learning skills, developing character and making friends. But few environments are as special as camp, where kids become a community as they learn both how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group as they engage in physical, social and educational activities.
From traditional to specialty, here are the camp programs we are offering at our Y branch. Be sure to sign up early (before space runs out in your camper's favorite program!).
We have two sites
Summer Camp 2015:
Our 2015 Camp Brochure
- On Site at YMCA National Capital - camps include Traditional Junior, Traditional Senior, Travel/Adventure, Aquatics, and Counselor in Training
- Off Site at Ross Elementary School - camps include Specialty Camps (Art and Science), Sports, and Traditional Mini
2015 Camp Parent Handbook
Click here for other required forms!*
WAYS TO REGISTER FOR CAMP:
*Registration is not complete until all health forms and the first three pages of the paper Registration Form and signed waiver are returned to YMCA National Capital. All campers attending Week 5 will attend the YMCA Thingamajig Invention Convention on July 23rd and regular camp schedules and activities will be altered. This will be an all-day field trip with early arrival and late pick up required. There will be no other optional care on site.
- Online by clicking on Easy to Enroll
- In person at YMCA National Capital
- Fax your registration to 202-833-9571
- E-mail your registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to YMCA National Capital, 1711 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036 (Attn: Camp)
If you have any questions or would like to submit any forms, please email Kate Dadourian
, School Age Child Care Director for more information.
CAMPS ARE FILLING UP QUICKLY!
Lots of camps are already full and accepting campers on a waitlist. Below are camps still remaining but sold out:
Secrets for Healthier Shopping
- Traditional Junior Under the Sea Week 6
- Traditional Junior Captain Y and the Super Heroes Week 7 - MORE OPENINGS ADDED!
- Traditional Junior Space Invaders Week 8
- Traditional Junior Dog Days of Summer Week 9
- Traditional Senior Captain Y and the Super Heroes Week 7
- Counselor in Training Session C
- Aquatics Camp Mini Session C
- Aquatics Camp Mini Session D
- Aquatics Camp Mini Week 9
- Aquatics Camp Junior A Session C
- Aquatics Camp Junior A Session D
- Aquatics Camp Junior A Week 9
- Junior Sports Festival Week 6
Call for next tour date
How do I avoid temptation at the grocery store? Where do I find the healthiest, most affordable options? Every last Tuesday of the month, we’ll take you on a FREE Grocery Store Tour
! Meet in YMCA National Capital’s lobby and we'll walk to the nearest grocery store together. Here's what you'll learn that will impact your whole family:
SMALL GROUP TRAINING
- Read Nutrition Labels
- Compare unit prices
- Finds Whole Grain Foods
- And identify 3 ways to purchase food
- … and much more!
Small Group Personal Training provides the benefit of a personal trainer with the energy and inspiration of a group. All groups are designed for progressive results and fitness levels. Taught in a fun semi-private environment, these classes build confidence and power—enhancing work capacity in formats designed to burn fat and calories, build upper and lower body strength, and improve endurance.
Each 6-Week Program Includes:
Two New Programs Launched June 2nd!
- Pre-Assessment with goal setting
- 12, 1-hour training sessions (2 sessions a week)
- Post-Assessment to measure your success
- Teamwork, Intensity and Fun!
- TEAM 15 Outdoor Boot Camp: Get out of the gym and onto the next level of fitness with a series of high intensity workouts! Join this outdoor boot camp class filled with fun, strength and sweat.
- Race Prep & Endurance Coaching: Take on the next big run in our Endurance Coaching Program! In this 6 week session, you will receive weekly mileage plans and race prep, group cross/ strength training, race day plans, a supportive community and more.
Contact Tyler Brown, our Associate Wellness Director, at 202-862-9622 or via email
to register or learn more!
Explore martial arts
Introducing our newest and hottest group exercise programs! If you have any questions, please email Angela Meyer
, our Regional Group Exercise Director.
Tae Kwon Do
Mondays & Wednesdays at 7pm!
Are you looking for a unique integrated training that builds strength, gets your heart pumping, and will make you feel more confident? Tae Kwon Do at YMCA National Capital is just that! Tae Kwon Do is an art of self-defense, with emphasis on developing physical and mental agility as well as self-discipline through graceful techniques, power, and beauty of physical form.
Tae Kwon Do is taught by Howard Davis, a Kukkiwon 5th Dan Black Belt who has been teaching the class at YMCA National Capital for the past 37 years. Classes consist of warm-up calisthenics, stretches, kicking and punching drills, sparring and self-defense techniques, and forms. Beginners through black belts are welcome. Click here to register!
Mondays at 7:30pm & Wednesdays at 6:30pm!
Krav Maga, the official hand-to-hand combat system of the Israeli Defense Forces and the preferred system for U.S. Military and law enforcement personnel, is not a traditional martial arts system. There are no rituals. There are no Katas. This reality-based system is based on simple principles and instinctive movements, designed to teach real self defense in the shortest possible time.
Y-Martial Arts classes are taught under the leadership of DC’s top Krav Maga instructor, self defense expert and 2011 MMA World Champion, Chris Torres. Students will learn a practical approach to self defense together, and through realistic training drills, burn fat and build muscle in uniquely fun and challenging way. Take unlimited classes for only $45 per month.
SCHOOL DAY OUT CAMPS
When school is out for parent conferences or federal holidays, the Y has camps to keep your child learning and growing! YMCA National Capital provides a safe, fun and enriching environment for your child to spend these days out of school. Please pack a lunch, snack, water, comfortable clothing, and a bathing suit (most days will have a swim period).
- FULL Days Out will be scheduled FIELD TRIPS. Our only remaining full day out will be going to the National Zoo. See the list of trips on the forms attached here.
*Space is limited for each camp day, so sign up now
! If you have any questions, please email Kate Dadourian
, School Age Child Care Director for more information! Registration forms can be emailed to Kate Dadourian
or faxed to 202-833-9571.
All participants are required to have a Full Membership or Program Membership. If you are registering without a valid membership, a Program Membership will be added to the account for your child to participate. Pricing varies depending on the type of membership. See the forms for more information.
SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE
We are proud to partner with Ross Elementary School and School Without Walls at Francis Stevens Education Campus (SWWFS) to provide Extended Hours School Age Child Care!
If you have any questions, please email Kate Dadourian
, School Age Child Care Director for more information.
Register now for the 2015-2016 School Year!