Healthy Kids Day
- Sat., April 25
Summer Camp 2015 - Your Guide & Details
Explore Martial Arts
School Day Out Camps
Before & After School Care
JOIN US FOR HEALTHY KIDS DAY!
Saturday, April 25th from 10am-2pm
The Y is all about more. The more support, guidance and opportunities we give kids… the more they can achieve growing up. That’s why we celebrate Healthy Kids Day, our biggest day of the year devoted to helping families develop healthy habits! Over 1,300 Ys across the country are taking part in Healthy Kids Day, holding free community events that feature fun games, active play, community vendors, healthy snacks, educational opportunities and MORE. Join us!
10:15am–10:45 am - Family Boot Camp with HU ROTC
11:00am–11:30 am - Family Combat
11:45am–12:15pm - Kid Hip Hop
12:30pm–1:00pm - Family Zumba
1:15pm–1:30pm - Family Dance Party
Contests & Games:
10:45am - Tricycle Races
11:30am - Musical Chairs
12:15pm - Scooter Races
1:00pm - Limbo
1:30pm - Dribbling
Healthy Snacks & Activities (10am-2pm):
Sugar Shocker, Eating the Rainbow, Exercising Food, MyPlate Paper Plate, Butterfly Snacks, Trail Mix Station, Flavored Water, Flavored Popcorn, MyPlate Relay Race, Face Paint, Make-Your-Own Thingamajig, Blood Pressure Testing, Fitness Tests, BMI Readings, STEM - Slime, Wildflower Station, Plant a Wildflower Station, Take Flight – Paper Airplanes, Puppet Making, Community Mural and more!
We will be joined by Relay Foods, Howard University’s Occupational Therapy, Pinstripes in Georgetown, Goya, Biking with Ra, Clacks Enterprise, Howard University’s ROTC, Total Fit Electrolyte Water, Manners Talk, Providence Hospital, Author Virginia Krebs, and more!
Membership, Camp, Aquatics and Wellness
ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES TO EXPLORE, LEARN & CREATE
Click here to register today for Summer Camp 2015!
Camping, like many Y programs, is about learning skills, developing character and making friends. But few environments are as special as camp, where kids become a community as they learn both how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group as they engage in physical, social and educational activities.
From traditional to specialty, here are the camp programs we are offering at our Y branch. Be sure to sign up early (before space runs out in your camper's favorite program!).
We have two sites
Summer Camp 2015:
Our 2015 Camp Brochure
- On Site at YMCA National Capital - camps include Traditional Junior, Traditional Senior, Travel/Adventure, Aquatics, and Counselor in Training
- Off Site at Ross Elementary School - camps include Specialty Camps (Art and Science), Sports, and Traditional Mini
2015 Camp Parent Handbook
Click here for other required forms!*
WAYS TO REGISTER FOR CAMP:
*Registration is not complete until all health forms and the first three pages of the paper Registration Form and signed waiver are returned to YMCA National Capital. All campers attending Week 5 will attend the YMCA Thingamajig Invention Convention on July 23rd and regular camp schedules and activities will be altered. This will be an all-day field trip with early arrival and late pick up required. There will be no other optional care on site.
- Online by clicking on Easy to Enroll
- In person at YMCA National Capital
- Fax your registration to 202-833-9571
- E-mail your registration to email@example.com
- Mail to YMCA National Capital, 1711 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036 (Attn: Camp)
If you have any questions or would like to submit any forms, please email Kate Dadourian
, School Age Child Care Director for more information.
CAMPS ARE FILLING UP QUICKLY!
Here is a list of the camps that are currently full and accepting a wait list
- Aquatics Mini Session A
- Aquatics Mini Session B
- Aquatics Mini Session C
- Aquatics Mini Session D
- Aquatics Mini Week 9
The following camps have 5 or fewer openings remaining:
- Traditional Mini Determination Week 6
- Aquatics Junior A Session A
- Aquatics Junior A Session B
- Counselor in Training Session A
- Counselor in Training Session B
The following camps have 10 or fewer openings remaining
Explore martial arts
- Traditional Mini Caring Week 1
- Traditional Mini Honesty Week 2
- Traditional Mini Respect Week 3
- Traditional Mini Responsibility Week 4
- Traditional Mini Teamwork Week 5
- Traditional Junior Captain Y and the Super Heroes Week 7
- Traditional Junior Space Invaders Week 8
- Adventure/Travel Rock Climbing Week 7
- Junior Sports Festival Week 1
- Junior Sports Festival Week 2
- Junior Sports Festival Week 3
- Junior Sports Festival Week 5
- Aquatics Junior A Session D
- Aquatics Junior A Week 9
- Aquatics Junior B Week 9
- Counselor in Training Session C
- Counselor in Training Session D
- Counselor in Training Week 9
Introducing our newest and hottest group exercise programs! If you have any questions, please email Angela Meyer
, our Regional Group Exercise Director.
Tae Kwon Do
Mondays & Wednesdays at 7pm!
Are you looking for a unique integrated training that builds strength, gets your heart pumping, and will make you feel more confident? Tae Kwon Do at YMCA National Capital is just that! Tae Kwon Do is an art of self-defense, with emphasis on developing physical and mental agility as well as self-discipline through graceful techniques, power, and beauty of physical form.
Tae Kwon Do is taught by Howard Davis, a Kukkiwon 5th Dan Black Belt who has been teaching the class at YMCA National Capital for the past 37 years. Classes consist of warm-up calisthenics, stretches, kicking and punching drills, sparring and self-defense techniques, and forms. Beginners through black belts are welcome. Click here to register!
Mondays at 7:30pm & Wednesdays at 6:30pm!
Krav Maga, the official hand-to-hand combat system of the Israeli Defense Forces and the preferred system for U.S. Military and law enforcement personnel, is not a traditional martial arts system. There are no rituals. There are no Katas. This reality-based system is based on simple principles and instinctive movements, designed to teach real self defense in the shortest possible time.
Y-Martial Arts classes are taught under the leadership of DC’s top Krav Maga instructor, self defense expert and 2011 MMA World Champion, Chris Torres. Students will learn a practical approach to self defense together, and through realistic training drills, burn fat and build muscle in uniquely fun and challenging way. Take unlimited classes for only $45 per month.
SCHOOL DAY OUT CAMPS
When school is out for parent conferences or federal holidays, the Y has camps to keep your child learning and growing! YMCA National Capital provides a safe, fun and enriching environment for your child to spend these days out of school. Please pack a lunch, snack, water, comfortable clothing, and a bathing suit (most days will have a swim period).
- FULL Days Out will be scheduled FIELD TRIPS to places like ice skating outdoors in Georgetown, Bounce U, the National Zoo, and Six Flags America. See the list of trips on the forms attached here.
- Half Days will be at YMCA National Capital. On half days, buses will pick up from School Without Walls at Francis Stevens Education Campus and Ross Elementary School; all other participants must have transportation to the Y.
*Space is limited for each camp day, so sign up now
! If you have any questions, please email Kate Dadourian
, School Age Child Care Director for more information! Registration forms can be emailed to Kate Dadourian
or faxed to 202-833-9571.
All participants are required to have a Full Membership or Program Membership. If you are registering without a valid membership, a Program Membership will be added to the account for your child to participate. Pricing varies depending on the type of membership. See the forms for more information.
SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE
We are proud to partner with Ross Elementary School and School Without Walls at Francis Stevens Education Campus (SWWFS) to provide Extended Hours School Age Child Care!
If you have any questions, please email Kate Dadourian
, School Age Child Care Director for more information.
Download Forms and Information Here:
Register now for the 2015-2016 School Year!