In the YMCA's Diabetes Prevention Program classes are led by a trained lifestyle coach who will introduce you to health and wellness topics and encourage participants as they explore how healthy eating, physical activity and behavior changes can benefit their health.
Classes are made up of a small group of people (8-15) with similar goals.How the program works:
- 12-month group-based program consists of 16 core sessions
- followed by monthly maintenance sessions
- topic discussion includes healthy eating, increasing physical activity, reducing stress, problem solving, and much more.
- participants stay motivated using proven tools that help to maintain progress towards program goals
- Lose 7% of your body weight
- Gradually increase your physical activity to 150 minutes per week.
Class are added on a rolling basis. The attached is not comprehensive. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
for information on current class locations and dates.