| Check the Schedule >>
The Things You’ll Need to Bring
Parents and students should bring their latest tax information and/or last pay stub from the previous year in order to complete the form.
All information reviewed by the College Goal DC volunteers will be kept private and confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than helping the students and families apply for financial aid. Students’ and family identities will be protected to the best extent possible and none of the information being requested will be sent to vendors for other purposes besides applying for aid.
- Social Security Number
- Driver's license (if any)
- W-2 Forms for the previous year and other records of money earned
- Your (and your spouse's, if you are married) most recent Federal Income Tax Return:
*IRS Form 1040,
*Foreign tax return, or
*Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Parent's Federal Income Tax Return for the previous year (if you are a dependent student as defined by federal criteria)
- Untaxed income records for the previous year:
*Temporary Assistance to Needy Families,
- Current bank statements
- Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
- Documentation that you are a U.S. permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen.