We offer full and half-day licensed programs to children ages 6 weeks to 5 years. Early Learning Centers within the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington focus on all areas of development, including fine and gross motor skills, independent interaction in both small and large groups, as well as physical activities. All of the Y’s Early Learning Centers offer quality care in a safe and supportive environment that fosters the emotional, physical, social and cognitive growth of each child. In addition, your child will develop skills to build character values, self-esteem and friendships, and kindergarten readiness. All programs are accredited or are in the process of becoming accredited.
a look at the CURRICULUM
- Creative Learning
- Healthy Habits
- Music & Movement
- Writing & Literacy
- Reading Readiness
- Arts & Crafts
- Socially Conscious Habits
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
- And more!
our STAFF are well prepared
YMCA preschool teachers are CPR and First Aid certified and receive 30 hours of preschool training annually. We follow the local licensing requirements for each center’s staff to child ratio needs.
early learning center locations Locations
- YMCA Anthony Bowen (2-5 years); Email Sheldon Mitchum to learn more
- Dept. of Housing & Urban Development (6 weeks – 5 years); Located at 451 7th Street SW, Washington, DC 20410; Email Corie Powers to learn more and register
- YMCA at the Departments of Health and Human Services and Educatiuon (HHS/ED) Children’s Center, Inc. Located at 330 C St., S.W. Washington, DC 20201 202.260.7643
- YMCA Alexandria @ First Assembly of God (6 weeks – 5 years); Email Sophia Berry to learn more
- YMCA Reston (6 weeks – 5 years); Email Liz Magyar to learn more
- YMCA Loudoun County (6 weeks – 5 years) @ 640 W. Church Road, Sterling, VA; Email Liz Magyar
- YMCA Arlington (half-day program, 3 – 5 years); Contact Arlington for more information