With a focus on safety, health, social growth and academic enhancement, Y after school programs serve kindergartners through middle schoolers, encouraging them to explore who they are and what they can achieve with a variety of options to explore and develop their interests and talents.
In addition to supplementing what they have learned in school, they develop critical thinking skills, get homework assistance from trained Y staff, develop a love of physical activity and form long-lasting friendships that enhance their development, social skills and self-confidence. Our kids also have the opportunity to participate in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math), creative arts and active play, all reinforced by HEPA standards.
A look at what your child will learn
Hear how child care programs have helped one family learn and grow!
After-school care LOCATIONS
After-school programs are offered at the following Y branches!
- YMCA Anthony Bowen (ages 3-12); No transportation provided; After school care provided on-site at School Without
Walls @ Francis Stevens Education Campus, Ross Elementary School, Inspired Teaching School, Meridian Charter School and Alice Deal Middle School. Email Patricia Taylor to learn more.
- YMCA Calomiris (ages 3-14); Transportation provided from 22 area schools. Email Carolyn Samuel-King to learn more and register
- YMCA Calomiris YMCA Capital View (ages 3-14); Transportation provided; Off-site programs offered at 16 area schools. Email Michael Sherrod to learn more
- YMCA Alexandria (ages 4-12); Transportation provided from 12 area schools; Email Kiara Holloman to learn more.
- YMCA Arlington (ages 5-12); Transportation provided from all Arlington County Public Elementary Schools and Full Circle Montessori; Email Arlington.
- YMCA Loudoun County (ages 5-13); Transportation provided from 16 area schools; Email Robert Blakely to learn more
- YMCA Reston (ages 5-12); Transportation provided from 13 area schools; Email Reston to learn more
- YMCA Ayrlawn (grades K-5); Transportation provided to Ashburton, Bethesda Elementary, Burning Tree and Wyngate Elementary Schools; Email Tyler Lehman to learn more.
- YMCA Bowie (ages 5-12); Transportation provided from 9 area schools and offered at 3 off-site locations; Email Laurence Nurse to learn more
- YMCA Silver Spring (ages 5-12); No transportation provided; Email Meena Suri to learn more
- YMCA Youth & Family Services, located in Silver Spring (grades 1-8); Services offered free-of-charge in high-need neighborhoods;
Financial Assistance is available for those who qualify.