Children are like sponges – they watch and absorb knowledge, skills and values from everything and everyone around them. At the Y, we believe the values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for quality of life and future success. That’s why our before and after school programs are staffed with people who understand the cognitive, physical and social development of kids, the need children have to feel connected and supported in trying new things, and the caring and reinforcement parents and families need to help each other.
Before School is a fun, well-supervised start to your child’s day! Our Y staff are up bright and early and are always wearing a smile. Activities include gym games, creative arts, challenges and more.
One family’s story
Hear how child care programs have helped one family learn and grow!
Before-SCHOOL CARE LOCATIONS
Before-school programs are offered at the following Y branches!
- YMCA Calomiris (ages 3-14); Transportation provided to 22 area schools; Email Carolyn Samuel-King to learn more and register
- YMCA Capital View (ages 3-14); No transportation provided; Off-site programs offered at 16 area schools; Email Reynard Eaglin to learn more
- YMCA Arlington (ages 5-12); Transportation provided to all Arlington County Public Elementary Schools and Full Circle Montessori; Email Arlington.
- YMCA Reston (ages 5-12); Transportation provided to 13 area schools; Email Reston to learn more
- YMCA Ayrlawn (grades K-5);Transportation provided to Ashburton, Bethesda Elementary, Burning Tree and Wyngate Elementary Schools; Email Tyler Lehman to learn more.
- YMCA Bowie (ages 5-12); Transportation provided to 5 area schools and offered at 3 off-site locations; Email Laurence Nurse to learn more
- YMCA Silver Spring (ages 5-12); No transportation provided; Email Meena Suri to learn more
Financial Assistance is available for those who qualify.