Introducing YMCA Loudoun County Youth Development Center
To better meet the needs of the growing Loudoun County community, we are proud to introduce the YMCA Loudoun County Youth Development Center, the first physical location of the YMCA in Loudoun County! The new center will provide academic enrichment year-round to infants, preschool-aged children and school-aged children. Through hands-on learning activities, the Center aims to lay the foundation for the future so that children can grow to be caring, respectful, honest and responsible lifelong learners!
Infant Care & Preschool
The YMCA Loudoun County Early Learning Program offers both a Full Day (6:30am -6pm) and Half Day (9:00am -1pm) early learning program for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old. Students spend their days in a fun and educational learning environment that offers flexible options to meet the needs of the families in our community.
Full Day Early Learning Program
* 6:30am -6:00pm (10 hour max drop-off per day)
* 5 day, 3 day, or 2-day options
* Tuition includes Breakfast, Lunch and an Afternoon Snack
Half Day Early Learning Program
* 9:00am -1:00pm
* 5 day, 3 day, or 2 day options
* Tuition includes Lunch
LEARNING & EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
YMCA Early Learning Program uses the Creative Curriculum in conjunction with the Gold assessment tool. The Creative curriculum incorporates experiences that permit learning through guided play and active discovery. By incorporating the latest research on early childhood, the curriculum focuses on development of the whole child – cognitive, social, and physical. We also provide electronic daily reports (tadpoles). Every month we have prepared special events and/or field trips for the children enrolled in our program.
THE YMCA EARLY LEARNING PROGRAM OFFERS:
- A safe and nurturing environment, instilling socially-conscious values and reinforcing positive skills.
- Tadpoles-Electronic check-in/out and daily report system
- A Children’s Library
- Enrichment Programs (a series of project-based learning units of study which encompass the arts, science, and physical activity)
- A Large Outdoor Playground Area.
- Field Trips, In-house performances and special events.
- Additional youth sports classes, swimming, and club activities available
- Community Events and Outreach
To schedule a tour, receive more information or to register your child for our Early Learning Program, please email Kristy.Atanackovic@ymcadc.org
The YMCA After School Program
Parents often worry where their children will go and what they’ll be doing once the school bell rings at the end of the day. When children are engaged in fun activities and surrounded by role models, they abstain from risky behavior.
From arts and crafts to field trips, the Center will provide academic enrichment, homework support, and a fun environment to help all students thrive. The new Center will provide after-school programming starting at 2:30 pm, and continuing until 6pm.
Transportation is provided from the following schools:
- Algonkian Elementary School
- Countryside Elementary School
- Forest Grove Elementary School
- Horizon Elementary School
- Lowes Island Elementary School
- Rolling Ridge Elementary School
- Sterling Elementary School
- Sully Elementary School
WELCOME TO SUMMER DAY CAMP 2019
IT’S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR… SUMMER!
When kids experience Y Camp, they experience something new every day. Like the power of a positive mentor, the confidence that comes from trying (and succeeding!), and the importance of healthy, long-lasting friendships. Of course, they don’t know this – they just think they’re having a whole lot of fun!
From water activities and sports to creative arts, each day is packed with age-appropriate activities, new friends and personal growth. In addition to traditional and specialty camp activities, we are uniquely devoted to physical activity, water safety and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics) education. Few environments will foster your child’s mind, body and spirit than at the Y
We are VERY pleased to share our 2019 Summer Day Camp program offerings. Don’t miss out on your first choice camps and register today.
Registering is Easy!
Register your child using any of the methods below:
- Via the website at Easy to Enroll
- In person at the YMCA Loudoun County
- Email your registration to Loudounemail@ymcadc.org By mail to YMCA Loudoun County, 26B Fairfax St. SE, Leesburg VA, 20175
Whether you register online or in person, your registration is not complete until we have received the hard copies of your Registration forms , including the VA School Entrance Form and proof of identity.
Questions about camp? Give us a call during business hours or email us to speak with the Program Director– we are so excited to meet you!