Fact: physical activity is one of the best things you can do to stay healthy and improve your health, as supported by the CDC. When you join the Y, you are part of an international movement dedicated to strengthening community through healthy living, youth development, and social responsibility. As a member you can donate and volunteer to support the Y mission, while you support your healthy lifestyle doing the activities you love the most. Also try something new to make new friends and expand upon your Y membership experience, such as: group exercise classes, strength training and cardio workouts, swimming, tennis, pickleball, basketball, and so much more.
- An opportunity to make a difference. As a Y member, you can be involved as a volunteer and donor to positively impact your community.
- Support from caring Y staff across the wide array of YMCA programs and services.
- Use of beautifully renovated facilities, new equipment, and new programs.
- A FREE new member wellness consultation with nationally-certified wellness staff to develop a plan to achieve goals and lead a healthy lifestyle.
- A free consultation with a Y staff member in the program area that interests you (i.e. swimming, group exercise, tennis, nutrition, and more).
- Access to a wide variety of diverse, dynamic, motivating and inclusive Group Exercise classes (Yoga, Zumba, Kickboxing and so much more… over 85%included with membership).
- Care for member’s children while they work out in Child Watch and Cool Kids Club*.
- Access to over 2,700 YMCA branches nationwide and across the Metropolitan Washington area^.
- Guest passes to share with friends^^.