The American Red Cross now faces a severe blood shortage due to an unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations in response to the coronavirus outbreak. Healthy individuals are needed now to donate to help patients counting on lifesaving blood.
You may sign up on line at www.redcrossblood.org and search by sponsor code “YMCA DMV” or call 1-800-RED-CROSS to make your life saving donation today.
Please note the implementation of added precautions to ensure the safety of all donors and staff.
- Donor temperature checks before entering the drive
- Spacing beds 6 feet apart where possible
- Using aseptic scrubs on arms
- Using sterile collections sets
- Wiping down donor-touched areas
Remember to bring your photo id!
Eligibility Questions? call 1-866-236-3276.
BLOOD DRIVE DAY ONLY: Use Rapid Pass to fast track your donation, visit redcrossblood.org/RapidPass to learn more.