If rain is expected during the day or if rain is occurring.
- If rain is forecast to occur the entire day, all outside activities will be cancelled for the day.
- If rain is expected to occur before 12pm, morning activities will be cancelled. The weather situation will be reevaluated by noon to determine if activities scheduled to start after 12pm can occur
- If rain is not expected until after 12pm, then morning activities scheduled to be completed by 12pm will take place. The weather situation will be reevaluated by noon to determine if activities scheduled to start after 12pm can occur.
Severe Weather Watches
Severe weather watches give an extended warning that severe weather could occur within the next few hours. If a severe weather watch is issued all outdoor activities must be cancelled within the watch timeline
Severe Weather Warning
Severe weather warnings mean that severe weather is going to occur within 15-30 minutes. Everyone should be in their cars and away from windows. Warnings are always proceeded by watches (approximately 1-3 hours before).
- If a severe weather warning is issued, all outdoor activities are cancelled during the warned timeline.
- If thunder is heard, all activities are cancelled until 30 minutes after the last time thunder is heard.
Heat advisories mean that temperatures and/or heat indexes are expected to exceed safe levels and could cause heat related injuries such as a code RED. If a heat advisory is issued, or expected to be issued, all outdoor activities are cancelled during the advisory timeline.
Members may call the weather hotline to get information regarding the impact of any weather event on activities scheduled at the YMCA. If outdoor activities are changed or cancelled, the weather hotline will be updated with a recording of that shares this information. Inclement weather hotline number will be coming soon.