The YMCA of Metropolitan Washington is proud to open several of our branches and program centers (YMCA Ayrlawn, YMCA Calomiris, YMCA Silver Spring, and YMCA Prince George County), to provide emergency childcare support. YMCA childcare staff eagerly signed-up for the opportunity to support the childcare needs of the essential workers in our community (first responders, medical professionals, etc.) that are delivering critical services at this time. The YMCA of Metropolitan Washington is working hard to provide emergency childcare support at additional YMCA branch and program center locations, so please check this page for a list of additional locations and start dates.
Please note that at this time
- Childcare fees for the children of essential employees in Maryland will be paid for by the State of Maryland.
- YMCA Calomiris location is for MedStar employees only and fees are covered by MedStar.
- YMCA staff are thoroughly cleaning the participating facilities throughout the day and each evening to maintain a healthy and safe environment.
- YMCA staff will conduct a health screening of each child and care giver upon arrival to the facility.
- The YMCA will provide breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack to each child each day.
- At each site, space is limited and available on a first come, first serve, drop-in basis for essential workers only.
- The YMCA is providing curbside drop-off and pick-up to limit the amount of people entering the facility.
- Please click for virtual tours YMCA Ayrlawn and YMCA Silver Spring.
We are happy to partner with you and your child on any virtual learning assignments they might have while in our care.
For more information, please contact [email protected]