WATER FITNESS CLASSES
AQUA AEROBIC II
Aqua aerobics in deep water. Floatation belts used and provided. Use of noodles, dumbells, barbells for resistance training.
AQUA BOOT CAMP
The most intense aerobics classes we offer uses body sculpting, interval training, and aqua kick. They combine strength training and aerobic conditioning with water resistance to give you an awesome overall body workout.
DEEP WATER AEROBICS
Use the water’s natural resistance to increase cardiovascular endurance and strengthen and tone major muscle groups. A workout for those comfortable in deep water, it’s the perfect cross-training regimen. Float belts provided.
EARLY AQUA EXERCISE
Start the day with a workout that improves cardiovascular fitness, muscle tone, and flexibility. Fun, choreographed workout to music.
SHALLOW WATER AEROBICS
Enjoy exercising using water routines choreographed to music! Great cardiovascular workout including an endurance and flexibility portion intended to strengthen and tone muscles.
CERTIFICATES & TRAINING
CPR FOR THE COMMUNITY
Certification through the American Safety and Health Institute.
Participants will receive training for infant, child, and adult CPR. Certifications are valid for two years. Participants must be least 16 years old. This course is open to all members of the community.
RED CROSS LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION
1. This is an American Red Cross certification class. Certification, once completed, is valid for two years
2. Please bring PHOTO ID
3. Must be at least 15 years of age
4. Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing
5. Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs
6. Swim 20 yards, surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 9 feet to retrieve a brick
YMCA LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION
1. This is a lifeguard class through the YMCA of the USA. Certification valid for two years.
2. Must be at least 16 years of age before the last day of the class.
3. Must complete eLearnings prior to the first day.
4. Must complete a swim test prior to the first day.
SPECIALIZED AQUA WELLNESS
For people who can swim the length of the pool with floatation devices and/or fins.
A program designed for serious adult swimmers who would like to compete in triathlons, or improve endurance and stroke mechanics to maintain good health.
PRE/ POST-NATAL WATER WORKOUT
Feel great exercising throughout your pregnancy while relieving stress, as well as, gaining strength and endurance. Attention is placed on muscle groups used in childbirth. This unique program combines water and land exercise, offering a balanced workout. Physician permission slips required.
Advanced stroke technique for those who want to improve efficiency, strength, and endurance.
WATER AEROBICS FOR ARTHRITIS
This class is designed to increase strength, flexibility, and joint mobility for those with arthritis or similar problems.
WATER AEROBICS FOR SENIORS
Water aerobics combined with length swimming, stretching, toning, flexibility and range of motion exercises.