Summer camp registration is coming soon! Stay tuned for more information. If you would like to be notified when summer camp registration opens, please click here and fill out the form.
YMCA Fairfax County Reston Summer Camp
KEEPING YOUR FAMILY SAFE
Summer will look different for many of us this year and children will seek socialization at a safe distance in more ways than before as a result of how COVID-19 has changed our world. As families continue to plan for the upcoming season, the Y wants to be a resource for you.
Our summer camp model has been modified to put the health and safety of our campers and staff first as we strive to capture the magic of summer amidst all of these additional steps.
Here is a quick glance to highlight some of the changes we’ve made to keep your family safe:
- Facility Sanitation
- We have hired extra staff to perform thorough cleaning of all of our facilities for day and overnight camp.
- Coronavirus Training for Staff
- Every staff member of our camps participate in coronavirus-specific training that reviews health guidelines and Covid safety protocols.
- Frequent Camper Health Checks:
- Campers will have their temperature checked at drop off, mid-day, and pick-up.
- Campers are required to have a temperature under 100.4 degrees and/or be fever free for 48 hours in order to be admitted to camp for the day
- Handwashing Stations:
- Handwashing stations have been installed all around our sites and our branches have set up stations in all activity areas.
- Pick-Up and Drop-Off Sites
- Equipped with cleaning spray/wipes, thermometers, hand sanitizer and gloves.
- Parents will not be permitted in buildings for drop-off in an effort to reduce the number of people in our facilities.
- Parents will be required to acknowledge and answer health screen questions – it is critical that you provide accurate information; failure to do so may result in membership cancellation, removal from currently registered programming, and/or denial of registration for future programming.
- For the protection of our team, face coverings are required during drop-off and pick-up.
- Camp Groups
- We will operate in smaller camp group sizes.
- Staff Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Precautions
- Staff will be required to wear face coverings when indoors and when unable to maintain at least six feet distance outdoors.
- All staff on-site will be required to participate in a health screen daily prior to entering our facility.
- Socialization at a Distance
- Summer day camp will operate activities in spaces large enough to allow for 6 feet of space between campers, ensuring seating and desks are at least 6 feet apart.
- Large group gatherings will not be a part of camp this summer.